Monday 22 September 2008

Review Week - 'Salems Lot!

Ladies and gentleman, welcome, to review week. Every evening on review week, I will review and then rate a book, film, game or anything I else I feel like reviewing. The rating is my very own, super special 1 star rating. You either get a star, or you don't. End of. So on with the first review.

'Salem's lot is a book by Stephen King. It follows the adventures of Ben, a semi-successful writer who has returned to his childhood home for inspiration, only to discover it is being over run with fucking VAMPIRES. Needless to say, many a brick is shat, and Ben must enlist the help of the local doctor, a priest, and a local school boy with an interest in all things macabre. So far so Stephen King.
Now, when I say this book is terrifying, I want you to take my full meaning. Think about it. This is a book. It can't just make a body fall out of a closet to make you jump and pass that off as scary. It has to work. And by golly, does it work. This book will have you up all night. The first few hours reading, until you can take no more, then the rest of the night weeping into your pillow out of sheer terror.
However, that's not to say you shouldn't read it. This is a masterpiece of modern story telling. It wont give you a Hollywood ending, but hell, it'll give you a thrill ride like never before.
Star.

No comments: